A New Blog!

Jaclyn and I have decided to try out a family blog for both of us. For the past year we have had seperate blogs because we couldn't find anything we both liked, in terms of layout and features. After some exploring and manipulating HTML code, we have finally produced a "beta" version to see what other people think.
Please take a look in the next two weeks and let us know what you think!

www.babamamababuh.blogspot.com/

(I'm still using my blog for the meantime, but if we get good feedback, I will switch over to the family blog!)

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Man Night

It's me again! I know, it's been a while. I've probably bored many of you to death as I haven't written anything for a while. ;)

As many of you know, Jaclyn and I host a weekly potluck dinner with a small group of friends (Alicia and Jeremy & Jenn). Each week we pick a theme and everybody brings a dish or an ingredient to contribute. Past themes have included "Mexican Food", "foods that start with the letter of our first names", "Underwater Foods", and "Foods we wish we had for our lunches".

This week's theme was one of my favorites: Man Night. Jeremy and I planned a menu with more "manly" foods: BBQ chicken, potatoes, potato chips, soda, and Dutch Oven cobbler. With the recent nice weather, we decided to have it at the park across the street and took our baseball mits, Bocce ball set, and a frisbee.

We had a good time. The weather was a little chilly, but nice. There was plenty of open room and green grass. The food was yummy. Jeremy marinated the chicken and BBQed them with charcoals there at the park. We used the remaining coals for the Dutch oven. This was our first time using the Dutch Oven since Jaclyn's cousin, Darin, gave it to us for a wedding gift two years ago. The peach cobbler turned out pretty well. I used a simple recipe I learned in Boy Scouts-canned peaches covered with a white cake mix, dotted with a cube of butter on top. I added a little bit extra Sprite with the peaches to give it some extra flavor. I think there was too much liquid in the pot because the cake never really set up. After cooking it an hour, we took it home and had it with vanilla ice cream. Yummy!

No comments: